Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Earth Balance

Here is one of my favorite companies: Earth Balance. I've tried three products, and it's now the only butter-substitute I buy.

 
I used the olive oil based spread, until recently. I won't lie, I originally bought this because thought of olive oil based butter-substitute intrigued me.
My daughter's pediatrician thinks she might have an allergy to soy, so I cut that out of my diet (it has soy oil). Now we use the "soy free buttery spread," which tastes awesome.
I've done a bit of baking with the "vegan buttery sticks," but since they are not soy-free, I cannot use them anymore. However, I would recommend them to anyone that doesn't have a soy allergy. I now use the soy free buttery spread to bake and cook. I just measure it out using an tablespoon.
Pros:
  • All three products spread like butter, especially if you leave them out of the fridge at room-temperature for a few minutes
  • They taste good. It's a butter substitute that you want to eat.
  • They are vegan.
  • Non-GMO (YAY!)
  • Gluten-Free
Cons:
  • Not organic
Have you tried Earth Balance? What's your favorite butter-substitute?

No comments:

Post a Comment